Hours: 15 Hours per week
Start date: September & February
EU student: €1,850 pa
Non-EU Ireland: €1,850 pa
Non-EU Abroad: €4,500 pa
* Above Fees excl. Awarding Body Fees
Length: 1 Year (minimum)
Holders of the Higher Diploma in Management of Information Systems are able to proceed to the Graduate Diploma or into employment. The Diploma qualification consists of nine units. Learners must complete all seven mandatory units , plus two optional units. All units are mandatory to pass the Written Examination.
The Higher Diploma Qualification consists of 11 units. Learners must complete all units in order to complete the Diploma
- All five subjects must be passed.
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Applications in Business and Finance
- Business Communication (BIS only)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Financial Accounting
Year 2 – Six compulsory subjects:
- Principles of Programming
- Networks and Distributed Systems
- Quantitative Methods for Business and Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Human Resource Management (Management Pathway)
- Managerial Accounting (Finance Pathway)
Entry Requirements for Higher Diploma Courses
Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
- Certificate Two “A” Level passes plus four GCSE passes at Grade A, B or C, two of which must be English and Maths
- Overseas qualifications which may be accepted by the Registrar as being equivalent to the above.
We welcome applications from candidates without formal qualifications who have been in appropriate employment for at least two years. A reference letter from employer(s) must accompany such applications.
Important ABE Dates
In order to take ABE examinations, students must be registered members of the Association. Registration and examination deadlines are strictly enforced. Entries received after the deadline will incur late entry fees.
Registration and exam entry closing dates vary but are generally two months prior to the exam sitting.